CBD Oil: The Benefits and Properties of the Oil Extracted from Cannabis Plants.
CBD, or cannabidiol, oil is a natural product which can be very effective for your overall wellbeing.
The beneficial effects of the oil extracted from the cannabis plant make it a precious ally for your health, perfect for regaining your equilibrium and your peace of mind. These last few years, with the boom of legal cannabis, cannabidiol has become vastly popular thanks to its many therapeutic properties.
Furthermore, it is extremely effective in body care thanks to its soothing, hydrating, and antioxidant effects. But what can CBD oil be used for and what benefits does it give?
CBD Oil Health Benefits.
Discovered as early as 1940, CBD has recently gained much attention thanks to its positive effects, ascertained in many scientific studies. In particular, the oil is employed for its relaxing, anti-inflammatory, antipsychotic, and anticonvulsant effects. Its beneficial interaction with the nervous system and the lack of the psychotropic effects typical of THC make it extremely useful in the treatment of many diseases and ailments. Here are some of the most common.
- Headaches – The way cannabinoids affect the nervous system contributes to alleviate pain and other symptoms caused by migraines, tension headaches, and other forms of cephalalgia.
- Anxiety and Depression – CBD oil has a relaxing effect which is ideal to alleviate tension, and prevent panic and anxiety attacks. Furthermore, it interacts with neurotransmitters increasing the production of serotonin, a.k.a. “the good mood hormone,” effectively contrasting depression.
- Sleep Disorders – The soothing properties of cannabidiol are especially useful for people suffering from insomnia as they favor a deeper and more refreshing sleep.
- Hypertension – Besides reducing stress, the oil can be of help even in the treatment of arterial hypertension, reducing the triglycerides in the blood stream along with the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Eating Disorders – Specific studies have shown that cannabidiol is effective in regulating your appetite, and is thus an invaluable resource in treating anorexia.
- Chronic Diseases – The analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of CBD oil can be appreciated even in the treatment of chronic or neurodegenerative diseases. Patients suffering from arthritis, fibromyalgia, but also Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and epilepsy may profit from reduction of pain and neurological symptoms.
CBD Oil: Body Care Benefits
In the area of cosmetics, too, CBD oil has several uses. It is especially useful in the following cases:
- Acne and other skin diseases – Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD hemp oil helps reduce teenage acne and limit its outbursts. For the same reason, it is useful also in case of psoriasis, dandruff, or dermatitis.
- Dry skin or excess of sebum – Applied directly to the skin, CBD oil has a balancing and hydrating effect, making the skin softer and contrasting eczema and rashes.
CBD oil can be taken by mouth or applied directly to the skin, used pure or as an ingredient in balms and cream.